Saturday, April 27, 2013

Daily Nugget

     Saturday, April 27th, 2013.  Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

Once my hands were always trying,
Trying hard to do my best.
Now my heart is sweetly trusting,
And my soul is all at rest.
Once my brain was always planning,
And my heart, with cares oppressed;
Now I trust the Lord to lead me,
And my life is all at rest.
Once my life was full of effort;
Now ‘tis full of joy and zest.
Since I took His yoke upon me,
Jesus gives to me His rest.
A.B. Simpson

What a blessing it is to know it isn’t up to us, but that God has our back. The apostle Paul in Ephesians 2:8-9 says, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Our only boast is in God alone.

God, thank You for the rest we have in You when we turn our lives over to You. Amen.

Bro. Bill                                        
God is Good...  All the time!
In GOD we Trust!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page