Thursday, April 25, 2013

Daily Nugget

   Thursday, April 25th, 2013.  Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

When he was in his mid-80’s, the great cellist Pablo Casals practiced his instrument for four or five hours each day. Someone once asked him why, at his age, he still worked so hard. “Because,” he said, “I have a notion that I am making some progress.”

The apostle Paul gives us these words in Philippians 3:12-14, “Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”

God, instill in us the diligence to keep on as long as You give us breath. Amen.
Bro. Bill                                        
God is Good...  All the time!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page