Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Emotions have no logic




Losing a child to death brings a myriad of emotions ... all complicated ... all different ... all difficult.



Linda shares today the powerful reality of emotions ....

"The best advice always came from other bereaved parents. Others just did not get it!!! fortunately, I had a wonderful grief counselor...he told me, "emotions have no logic." That has been with me ever since the death of my first son and most recently, my eldest son."
Linda

Father, Yahweh, I pray today for Linda, and all who have lost a child. Help them to realize that sometimes the reality of dealing with their emotions during such grief ... is past dealing with.

Keep them safe though.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Johnathan Pritchett said...

Praise God that emotions have no logic, and that they were designed not to. It makes us well-rounded creatures who aren't impassable like Spock from Star Trek.

Being without logic does not make emotions irrational. They are non-rational, and beautiful expressions of our God-given nature, even in grief.

In another context I would argue that only Christians can emote properly, because at the end of all emotional expression for the believer is truth and hope, no matter what emotion is being expressed.

8:51 PM  
Blogger XtnYoda said...

I agree about Christians and proper emotional response ... for only can a Christian truly grieve yielding and receiving grace from Yahweh for the trial.

Good point.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page