Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Daily Nugget


Wednesday, July 13th, 2011.



Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.


“A Christian who walks by faith accepts all circumstances from God. He thanks God when everything goes good, when everything goes bad, and for the “blues” somewhere in-between. He thanks God whether he feels like it or not.”
( Erwin W. Lutzer)

Many want the "goodies" of God without the trials that come with it. God never promised us a bed of roses or smooth sailing. In fact, Jesus said to the disciples (and to us):
“If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.” (Matthew 16:24)

Hang on, enjoy the ride, and learn from the experience of the writer of Psalms 30:12:
“To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.”

"God, thank You in all things good, bad and in between.
Amen."


Bro. Bill

God is Good...all the time

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiger said...

was sitting my my cage one morning waiting on some rice and thinkin how hungry I was. It was monsoon and I hoped they'd put some paper over the bowl so I could keep it dry. I was thinkin that God must have gotten really mad at me for me to be in that position. Then th thought hit me that Peter thanked God in his prison cell and sang, so I hummed "bringing in th sheaves." Th cage door didn't fly open but when the rice came it was hot and covered, and even had some kind of meat in it! Best meal I'd had in weeks!

11:02 AM  
Blogger XtnYoda said...

Hey Tiger ... I have an idea.
snake

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page