Friday, September 13, 2013

Daily Nugget

     Friday, September 13th, 2013.  Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

A few years ago, a slum in Manila was called “Poor Walang Dios,” the place without God. Impoverished peasants coming to the city were squatters there. The site had no sewage disposal, no garbage disposal. The sewers and drains were open and diseases rampant. Now the place has been cleaned up and given a new name, “Bagong Paraiso,” which means New Paradise. Paradise it isn’t, but it is proof that there really is no such thing as a place without God.

I bet we have it much better than these folks in Manila, which tells me we have our own paradise if we only recognize it. Jesus told us: “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life” (John 8:12).

Wake up, stand up, throw open the doors and windows, and let the world see the Light of the world shining through you.

God, let me reflect Your light in my life. Amen.
Bro. Bill

I am thankful to know this Awesome God!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page