Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Daily Nugget

   Tuesday, March 12th, 2013.  Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

"A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over" (Benjamin Franklin 1706–1790).

I have had many "tongue" sandwiches, but not nearly as many as I should have had.  By that I mean I have chewed my tongue to keep from saying what I shouldn’t, but sometimes my tongue slipped out and flailed out what was on my mind.  The writer of 1 Peter 3:10-11 gives us this great advice: “For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.”

God, help us to use our tongues only to praise You and lift You up others. Amen

Bro. Bill                                        
God is Good...  All the time!

In GOD we Trust!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page