Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Yahweh, Day 261

Day 261
Yahweh: ... confession...

While I was speaking, praying, confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my petition before Yahweh my God concerning the holy mountain of my God- 21 while I was praying, Gabriel, the man I had seen in the first vision, came to me in my extreme weariness, about the time of the evening offering. 22 He gave me this explanation: "Daniel, I've come now to give you understanding. 23 At the beginning of your petitions an answer went out, and I have come to give it, for you are treasured [by God]."
Daniel 9:20-23 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
Another point here.  Notice that Daniel is not only confessing his own sins, but also the sins of his people.  The prayer warrior that stands in the glory of God's favor must also stand in the crucible of God's wrath. And, that not only for his or her own sin ... but also for the sins of their nation.  This is the great and terrible place of intercession ... true intercession. 

It is here that our Lord Jesus stood ... on His face ... in the garden ... before Holy God.  And, He drank the bitter cup to the full.  Would that God would raise up and army of intercessors ... that would stand before God ... not demanding God's judgment to fall like lightening ... but rather to stand in confession for our own sins ... and the sins of our people.

This is in The Name.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page