Sunday, April 22, 2012

I did not want him to feel guilty




Losing a child to death brings a myriad of emotions ... all complicated ... all different ... all difficult.


Linda speaks today about ... a surviving child ...


I was very lucky and had a great therapist. My situation is a little different than most. My son was involved in the loss of my other son. I did not want to cry in front of him because I did not want him to feel guilty for causing me so much... pain (at least that's the way I saw it). My therapist said children look to you and follow your example. If you close yourself off and do not cry in front of him he will do the same. So I let down my guard and cried in front of him. It did open the door, not a lot, but anything I will take. He came to me, we talk sometimes and have cried together. He still keeps a lot bottled up but he knows I am here always.
Linda
Father, Yahweh, I pray today for Linda, and all who have lost a child. I pray that they will each one be able to be open about their loss ... even with those that might have been with the ones who died ... when they died.

God, bless them today.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page