Saturday, December 31, 2011

It doesn't happen overnight




Losing a child to death brings a myriad of emotions ... all complicated ... all different ... all difficult.



Lauretta speaks today about ... being weak ...


"After my sons suicide, I sought some counseling from a priest in my faith. I was told that it would be easier to grieve if I would turn my sorrow for my loss, my anger because I didn't know why my son would do this to me, over to Jesus and... ask him to carry my burdens for me. I did not have the strength to do so. He would carry them on his shoulders enabling me to heal and I would not carry the burden with me. After doing this for some time (it doesn't happen overnight), it was easier to function. I continue to ask Jesus to carry my burdens when life gets a little tough."
Lauretta
Father, Yahweh, I pray today for Lauretta, and all who have lost a child. I pray that each day will greet them with a new portion of Your strength .... joined with a resolve to roll their burdens onto Your shoulders.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page