Monday, September 05, 2011

"The pain just gets gentler"




Losing a child to death brings a myriad of emotions ... all complicated ... all different ... all difficult.



Pat speaks today about ... the journey ...

"Didn't get any good advice, mostly platitudes; thought I was going to die; finally called a woman I knew whose son died 27 years previously; she told me, "You never get over it, the pain just gets gentler." Took the bull by the horns, read..., sought counselling, found TCF, make friends with other bereaved parents, depended greatly upon my husband; made it thru by walking with fellow travellers ~~ some farther along on the journey, some not as far. Only someone who has lost a child can truly give advice & you must be willing to hear it & act on it."
Pat
Father, Yahweh, I pray today for Pat, and all who have lost a child. I pray that as they make their journey in and through grief ... that You will journey with them ... and help them to know that You are there.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page