Saturday, September 03, 2011

Daily Nugget


Saturday, September 3rd, 2011.



Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.


It is said that Billie Burke, the Hollywood actress, was enjoying a transatlantic ocean voyage when she noticed a man at the next table was suffering from a bad cold. “Uncomfortable?” she asked, sympathetically. The man nodded. “I’ll tell you what to do for it,” she offered. “Go back to your stateroom and drink a lot of orange juice. Take five aspirin tablets. Cover yourself with all the blankets you can find. Sweat the cold out. I know what I’m talking about. I’m Billie Burke of Hollywood.” The man smiled warmly and said, “Thanks. I’m Dr. Mayo of the Mayo Clinic!”
How many times do we see ourselves and others trying to tell God how to act toward us or on our behalves when He knows our details far beyond what we can begin to comprehend? We need to ponder these words from Isaiah 55:9:
“For as heaven is higher than earth, so My ways are higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.”
"God, thank You for the many ways Your love is shown to us.
Amen."


Bro Bill

God hears our prayers

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page