Saturday, October 19, 2013

Daily Nugget

   Saturday,  October 19th, 2013.  Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

“Don’t try to deal with sin, for you are sure to lose. Deal with Christ; let Him deal with your sin, and you are sure to win” (Arthur HE. Elfstrand).

Too many times in wrestling with sin, folks come to embrace it. When we embrace sin, we find ourselves in a like-situation as Tar Baby in an Uncle Remus’s Fable. First, we just look at it. Next we poke at it, and then we find ourselves entangled. The writer of James gives us this good advice: “Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you” (4:7). I don’t know about you, but as far as I am concerned he can run on off any time now.

God, thank You for staying beside me. You know I have no strength on my own. Keep me from all sin. Amen.
Bro. Bill Scroggs
In GOD we Trust!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page