Sunday, August 18, 2013

Daily Nugget

     Sunday, August 18th, 2013.  Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

It is said a bulbous root was found in the hand of one of the mummies discovered in a pyramid. That root, after having been buried for many hundreds of years, when placed in the earth, grew and bloomed a beautiful, but unknown flower.

We plant seeds every day, wanting to see the final product. It is always exciting to see something grow and flourish that we have given up on. For example, when I moved to my home in Conway, an old house, I found flowers blooming throughout the yard. One day, as I was mowing, I noticed I had scraped some roots. I thought to myself, “Well, I won't have to worry about mowing around those from now on.” In due time, however, those flowers sprang up and produced beautiful blossoms.

What we plant comes up later than we plant and in its own season bears fruit. We are told to “Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days” (Eccl. 11:1); thus we must beware of the type of seeds we are sowing.

God, help us to plant seeds of kindness, love, and compassion,  and to be aware that what we sow we shall reap. Amen.
Bro Bill
Have a Great day; I am choosing to do so myself.
In GOD we Trust!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page