Thursday, August 15, 2013

Daily Nugget

    Thursday, August 15th, 2013.  Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

Matthew Henry, the famous Bible scholar, was once accosted by thieves and wrote these words in his diary: “Let me be thankful first because I was never robbed before; second, although they took my purse, they did not take my life; third, because, although they took my all, it was not much; and fourth, because it was I who was robbed, and not someone else.”

Apparently the scholar had learned the lesson of keeping things in perspective. The writer of Psalms 136, from verse 1 through verse 26 (the last), reminds us of the means of keeping our own lives in perspective: “Give thanks unto the Lord for He is good and His mercy endureth forever.”

 God, thank You for Your love and protection in ways we don’t even know.  Amen.
Bro. Bill
In GOD we Trust!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page