Sunday, May 05, 2013

Daily Nugget

     Sunday, May 5th, 2013.  Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

The late Dr. Paul Rees tells the true story of a man whose job was to transport people who had been committed to a mental hospital. After delivering a patient one day, he was walking back to his car when he heard a voice call out, “Hey you!” It came from one of the upper floors.

Looking up, the man called back, “Are you speaking to me?”

“Yes, I am,” came the reply. “I want to ask you a question. Have you ever thanked God that you have a healthy mind?”

To say the least, the driver was stunned. He said, “I suddenly realized that I had been bringing people to this facility for some fifteen years. Yet I had never once thanked God for a good mind!”

When I visit The Children’s Hospital or a Chemo center or hundreds of other places where individuals and families are going through a crisis, I am reminded of how blessed I have been in my life. In 1 Thessalonians 5:18 the apostle Paul reminds us to, “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”

God, thank You for each trial we face, as well as those from which You have protected us. Amen.

Bro. Bill

God Is Good... All the Time!
In GOD we Trust!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page