Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Keeping a journal




Losing a child to death brings a myriad of emotions ... all complicated ... all different ... all difficult.


Jean speaks today about ... journaling ...


"The best advise I received was given to me before my son died by his hospice nurse. She told me to get my feelings out by keeping a journal. She also told me not to read what I wrote. I journaled my way through Greg's 8 month illness and through 15 years after his death. One day I found I didn't need to write in my journal as much. Now I write about dreams of my child and things I suddenly remember that he had done. In January my son will be gone for as many years as he lived. I decided one day last year to read those journals. I can't believe how I sat next to my child after he passed, calling who had to be called? I can't believe how I survived those first 5 years. I can't believe after those 5 years that I could feel the peace that I now have in my heart. I do know that Greg would be so very proud of his Mom for surviving and going on with her life, though never the same."
Jean
Father, Yahweh, I pray today for Jean, and all who have lost a child. I pray that they will receive this advice and keep their journals ... for their tomorrows. And somehow ... in their grief ... help them to see that there really is a tomorrow.

God, bless them today.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page