Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Yahweh, Day 238


Day 238

Yahweh

... A Heart of Flesh ...

"I will honor the holiness of My great name, which has been profaned among the nations-the name you have profaned among them. The nations will know that I am Yahweh"-the declaration of the Lord God -"when I demonstrate My holiness through you in their sight ... I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."
Ezekiel 36:23-26 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

"I will give" says Yahweh.

A stone is hard and cold, thus the heart of one without Christ. Now we may be tempted to think of those we might know that are without Christ that seem kind, caring, warm, gently, loving, or a host of other great character qualities but ... how responsive can they be toward Yahweh ... personally? They can not ... their spiritual hearts are stone cold dead. They can not hear God nor know God ... until ... Yahweh gives them a new heart ... a heart of flesh.

This represents a heart that is responsive, submissive to the Holy Spirit. We must know that the "righteousness" of man cannot work the righteousness of God ... no matter how meaningful or earnest their lives appear to others. Only God can open the heart of stone ... and create a heart of flesh.

This is in The Name.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page