Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Yahweh, Day 237


Day 237

Yahweh

... Gives a new spirit ...

"I will honor the holiness of My great name, which has been profaned among the nations-the name you have profaned among them. The nations will know that I am Yahweh"-the declaration of the Lord God -"when I demonstrate My holiness through you in their sight ... I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."
Ezekiel 36:23-26 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

"I will give" says Yahweh.

In the Genesis account of creation, Yahweh forms man from the dust of the ground, then ... breaths ... into the man the breath of life. The Hebrew word for "breath" is the same as the Hebrew word of "spirit" ... Yahweh breathed into the man ... spirit.

Warning the man of the consequence of sin was a powerful two pronged warning. The Hebrew literally says, "Dying thou shalt die." 2 deaths.

Dying, in the incomplete verb form, man would begin the physical process of dying.

Die, in the complete form of the Hebrew, man would die immediately, completed action.

At the fall, man began dying physically, and thus we all die. At the fall, man died spiritually, the spirit of man died that day. Separated from Yahweh pictured in the expulsion from the garden. And ... a person is dead spiritually until Yahweh once again breaths into that person the breath of life.

A person without Christ is spiritually dead.

This is in The Name.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page