Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Yahweh, Day 229


Day 229

Yahweh

The Holy Name

"Then I had concern for My holy name, which the house of Israel profaned among the nations where they went. "Therefore, say to the house of Israel: This is what the Lord God says: It is not for your sake that I will act, house of Israel, but for My holy name, which you profaned among the nations where you went. I will honor the holiness of My great name, which has been profaned among the nations-the name you have profaned among them. The nations will know that I am Yahweh"-the declaration of the Lord God -"when I demonstrate My holiness through you in their sight."
Ezekiel 36:18-23 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Yahweh's name is referred to by Him as the Holy name. The Hebrew word for holy simply means separate. For example, God being Holy is pointing out that God is separate from sin. The Christian's call to holy living is a call to live separate kinds of lives from the world around us ... in the world, but not of the world.

Yahweh referring to His name as Holy, is pointing out that The Name is totally distinct/separate from any other name. This is why the name Yahweh is above every other name.

This is in The Name.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page