Monday, January 02, 2012

The Chaplains Corner


The Chaplains Corner

Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.


Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

I was wondering, have you picked out your verse for the New Year yet. At the start of every year I like to pick a verse that I can focus on. Now I may change it, or add another, but it’s a place to start. My verse to start 2012 is Ephesians 4:15,
“Speak the truth with love. So we will grow to be like Christ in every way.”
(ERV)
‘Speak the truth with love’. Do you know what that means?

If I don’t ‘speak the truth’; I’m disobeying God. I’m sinning.

If I do ‘speak the truth’ - but without love; I’m disobeying God. I’m sinning.

Sometimes, in fact many times, it’s easier to not speak the truth. Not actually lie (or so we think), but just not say what actually needs to be said – ‘the truth’.

Sometimes telling someone the truth will make them mad, or hurt their feelings. But does that give me permission to disobey God’s word? I don’t think so. (Luke 6:41-42)

So, ‘speak the truth’ but always ‘With Love’.

If you cannot ‘speak the truth with love’ then you need to repent. Ask God to break your heart and forgive your sin, then go to the one that needs to hear the truth and say it, WITH LOVE! Then and only then can we, “grow to be like Christ in every way.”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page