Friday, December 03, 2010


Day 170

Yahweh

For His Own Sake

"I will act for My own sake, indeed, My own, for how can I be defiled? I will not give My glory to another."
Isaiah 48:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Yahweh acts for His own benefit... and Man has a difficult time understanding that the benefit God seeks is God's own Glory.

If there be any glory for Man it is in the benevolent favor of Yahweh... and that favor will always be bestowed by God so that we would stand and say with Job,
"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will leave this life. The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away. Praise the name of the Lord."
Job 1:21 (Holman Christian Standard Version)

Of course Job's declaration was given in spite of the heart breaking trials that he had endured... for God's Glory.

And the Psalmist declares,
"May his name endure forever; as long as the sun shines, may his fame increase. May all nations be blessed by him and call him blessed."
Psalm 71:17 (Holman Christian Standard Version)

Would that we would proclaim the Glory of The Name. Right now... in the face of your trials... can you come to the place that you recognize that they have come to you for the Glory of Yahweh?

This is in The Name.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page