Thursday, September 17, 2009


Do you know God's name?

...like your name might be Jim, or Mary, or Judy... do you know God's personal name? I am not talking about a "title"...

It is a pretty significant name to know... when one considers that scripture encourages us to "call upon the name of the Lord..."

How can we call on his name... when we know it not?

I believe that God desires us know his name since it is recorded in the Old Testament... are you ready for this... 6,521 times... yet most humans, even most Christians, have never heard God's name... the first time.

I would like to take a journey with you in discovering God's personal name. We now have at our disposal an English translation of the scripture that reveals for us God's name... for the first time... in the history of the English language.

In 76 verses the Holman Christian Standard Bible gives us God's Holy name... back... after a very long and dark night.

In the days ahead... come and celebrate with me as we discover the name...

Exodus 3:14-15
God replied to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you." 15 God also said to Moses, "Say this to the Israelites: Yahweh, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever; this is how I am to be remembered in every generation."
(Holman Christian Standard Bible)

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page