Thursday, February 12, 2015

Yahweh, Day 119



 
Day 119, Yahweh: A New Day
"Pay attention, heavens, and I will speak; listen, earth, to the words of my mouth. 2 Let my teaching fall like rain and my word settle like dew, like gentle rain on new grass and showers on tender plants. 3 For I will proclaim the Lord's name. Declare the greatness of our God! 4 The Rock-His work is perfect; all His ways are entirely just. A faithful God, without prejudice, He is righteous and true." 
Deuteronomy 32:1-5 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
Verse 2 pictures a new day.  God has designed creation in such a way that with each day ... is newness.
 A biblical day actually began at sunset ... not sunrise. Think on this ... this evening as the sun sets in the western sky ... the current day is past and God has designed that our new day begins with rest from our labors.
 God's new day begins with rest.  Let this fall like rain and settle like dew on your heart.  The "dew" of Yahweh settles in the night ... refreshing and life giving.
 As the Psalmist shares in Psalm 63:6-7, "When, on my bed, I think of You, I meditate on You during the night watches because You are my help; I will rejoice in the shadow of Your wings." (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
 It is in The Name.
 Intercessory Prayer:  Oh Father, You make all things new!  And Your restoring grace works in our hearts during each new day … refreshing and invigorating … that we might proclaim Your greatness and goodness to all of creation.  Thank You!  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page