Sunday, December 22, 2013

Daily Nugget

    Sunday, December 22nd. Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill. 

“Ah!” said a woman, who in her poverty had done much for Christ and who had a great sum willed to her, “I cannot do as much as I used to do.”
“But how is that?” someone asked.
She answered, “When I had a nickel purse, I had a silver heart, but now that I have a silver purse, I have only a nickel heart.”

The writer of Mark 10:25 tells us: “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.” It is not that the riches themselves will keep us out of heaven; it is our inability to let go of this world's riches that will keep many of us spiritually poor, thus eternally poor and, therefore, out of the kingdom of God.

God, let me hold loosely to the things of this world that would separate me from You as I cling tighter to You.  Amen.
 Bro. Bill
In GOD We Trust!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page