Thursday, December 27, 2012

Daily Nugget

     Thursday, December 27th, 2012.
Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill
 A tourist came to close to the edge of the Grand Canyon, lost his footing and plunged over the side, clawing and scratching to save himself. After he went out of sight and just before he fell into space, he encountered a scrubby bush which he desperately grabbed with both hands. Filled with terror, he called out toward heaven, “Is there anyone up there?” A calm, powerful voice came out of the sky, “Yes, there is.” The tourist pleaded, “Can you help me? Can you help me?” The calm voice replied, “Yes, I probably can. What is your problem?” “I fell over the cliff and am dangling in space holding to a bush that is about to let go. Please help me.” “The voice from above said, “I’ll try. Do you believe?” “Yes, yes, I believe.’” “Do you have faith?” “Yes, yes. I have strong faith.” The calm voice said, “Well, in that case, simply let loose of the bush and everything will turn out fine.” There was a tense pause, then the tourist yelled, “Is there anyone else up there?”

What the person hanging into the bush did not know was he was only a little over a foot from solid footing. Many times we too are close to the solution if we would only let go and trust Him. The writer of Psalms 3:5-6 gives us this advice, Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
God, I believe, help our unbelief. Amen.
                                                                                                                                                            
Bro. Bill
I am thankful to know this Awesome God!
In GOD We Trust!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page