Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Daily Nugget


     Tuesday, November 6th, 2012.
Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill
One of President Abraham Lincoln’s associates scolded him rather severely for being soft on his enemies. “Why do you insist on trying to make friends of them?” he chided. “You should be trying to destroy them.”

Lincoln replied gently, “Am I not destroying my enemies when I make them my friends?”
In speaking of those who were his enemies during the Civil War, Lincoln is reported to have said, “Insane as it may seem, I hold malice toward none of them. I have neither the time nor the energy in this life to hold that kind of resentment.”
Jesus reminds us in Matthew 5:44-45, “I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven.”

God, Help us to do unto others as You would do unto us. Amen.

Bro. Bill
I am thankful to know this Awesome God!

In GOD we Trust!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page