Saturday, November 03, 2012

Daily Nugget

    Saturday, November 3rd, 2012.

Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill

“Character is distilled out of our daily confrontation with temptation, out of our regular response to the call of duty. It is formed as we learn to cherish principles and to submit to self-discipline. Character is the sum total of all the little decisions, the small deeds, the daily reactions to the choices that confront us. Character is not obtained instantly. We have to mold and hammer and forge ourselves into character. It is a distant goal to
which there is no shortcut.”  (Sidney Greenberg)


It has been said, “The journey is part of the gift.”  With that in mind, building character is a journey with many pitfalls along the way.  Surviving pitfalls and completing the journey with character intact is so valuable.
Looking back, we understand we did not make the journey by ourselves. We can say with the apostle Paul in Galatians 2:20, “Iam crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”


God, thank You for living in us and leading our lives. Amen.
Bro. Bill

 I am thankful to know this Awesome God!

In GOD we Trust!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page