Sunday, March 11, 2012

Treading the waters of grief




Losing a child to death brings a myriad of emotions ... all complicated ... all different ... all difficult.


Melanie speaks today about ... waves of grief ...


"I cannot really say that it was advice that was MOST important. Rather, it was when I was told that there REALLY IS A GRIEVING PROCESS! I thought I was going bonkers, because it was such an emotional roller coaster ride. I could not understand such RAW emotions. When I had learned the different stages of grief I was able to RECOGNIZE that it was a Stage of Grief that was crashing up against me. Although, I could not CONTROL when it was going to hit me.... I was able to BRACE MYSELF when I saw it coming over me. Just that little HEADS UP gave me ENOUGH time to catch my breath when a wave would come toppling down over me.

Instead of FIGHTING AGAINST THE WAVE OF GRIEF, I was able to LET IT TAKE ME WHEREVER IT WANTED. I WAS ABLE TO TREAD WITH THE WATERS, *AND* KEEP MY HEAD ABOVE THE WATERS. Up until then, it was ALL I COULD DO to SURVIVE the AGONY as it SUCKED ME UNDER. It hurled me to the BOTTOM of the Pit of Grief. All I wanted to do was ESCAPE and the ONLY TIME I DID NOT HURT WAS WHEN I WAS ASLEEP.

I was able to MASTER MY GRIEF INSTEAD OF IT MASTERING ME ... ALL BECAUSE I WAS MADE AWARE OF THE VARIOUS STAGES OF GRIEF.

If you are a new to this broken road, I highly encourage you to seek out grief counseling."

Melanie
Father, Yahweh, I pray today for Melanie, and all who have lost a child. I pray that understanding will fine them each and every one ... and with their understanding ... freedom to grieve as only they can.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page