Monday, February 06, 2012

The Chaplains Corner


The Chaplains Corner

Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.


Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

Someone told me there was a big football game this weekend. To tell you the truth, I don’t get very excited about sports – but I know lots of people do. But I do wonder; how many Christians get as excited about spiritual things as they do about a football game?

Now I don’t know a lot about football, but I’m pretty sure the guys playing in that game will be giving it all they’ve got; 110%. Why? Because they want to win the prize – a ring or a trophy. And it may be a really nice ring – but it will not last forever.

But what does? What does last forever? Your soul; and the souls of those around you. But, do we really believe that? And if we really believed that, how would we live our lives? The Apostle Paul said,
“All who compete in the games use strict training. They do this so that they can win a prize—one that doesn’t last. But our prize is one that will last forever.” (1 Cor. 9:25)
And he told the Philippian church,
“I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things.” (Phil. 3:14-15)
In my humble opinion - when Christians get more excited about a football game than they do about eternal things - something is wrong! At the very least there is a lack of spiritual maturity. That’s my opinion, what’s yours?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page