Sunday, January 08, 2012

The Chaplain's Corner


The Chaplains Corner

Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.


Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

This week I have been studying John chapter 15 again; there is so much meat there. In verses 4-10, that’s seven verses, Jesus uses the word ‘abide’ or ‘remain’ 9 times. As you read that scripture you can’t help but sense that the Lord really wants to have an intimate relationship with us.

In verse 4 He says, ‘Live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you.’ Verse 7 reads, ‘But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon.’ And listen to verse 9, ‘I've loved you the way my Father (Almighty God) has loved me. Make yourselves at home in my love.’

Did you hear that? Jesus said make yourself at home in His love. Do you feel at home in the love of Jesus? Are you comfortable there? Or is it un-familiar territory?

In verse 15 of that chapter Jesus says, ‘I have called you my friend.’ If Jesus had a Facebook page He would invite you to be His friend. Actually He did that and so much more when He died on the cross for your sins. Have you accepted His invitation to be BFF?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page