Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Chaplains Corner



The Chaplains Corner

Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

Ten years ago our world changed forever. On September 11, 2001 the unthinkable happened; the United States of America was attacked by terrorists. Ten years ago the towers fell, and so did our sense of security.

As I stood in NYC looking at unbelievable pile of rubble and debris, it was surreal, like a horrifying nightmare. It just couldn’t be real – but it was. As I tried to help the First Responders deal with their feelings, my own feelings were confused. I found myself asking, ‘God, how could you allow this?’

Ten years later and I still don’t have all the answers; but I know that God was there. I felt His presence in the midst of that devastation. I caught a glimpse of Him in those who tried to help. And strangest of all, I recognized His voice speaking thru me as I offered comfort and counsel to those in such need, such pain, and such grief.

Never before, or since, have I been more aware of the fact that God is in the midst of our sorrows. He does walk thru the dark valleys with us. The Psalmist said,
“I may walk through valleys as dark as death, but I won't be afraid. Because You are with me.”
(Ps 23:4)
Jesus makes a difference, He knows our pain, and He wants to hold us close to Himself in those times when the whole world is wrong and nothing makes any sense.

If you’re going thru a hard place – just let Him love you today. You may not get the answers, but you can still have His peace.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page