Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Yahweh, Day 215


Day 215

Yahweh

"I will stretch out My hand ..."

"I will stretch out My hand against them, and wherever they live I will make the land a desolate waste, from the wilderness to Diblah. Then they will know that I am Yahweh."
Ezekiel 6:14 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Yahweh here claims the right and ability to "stretch out" His hand. This is a statement of Yahweh's personal involvement in the affairs of humanity. In this case ... the stretching out of the hand ... is a picture of personally exerting indignant judgment. Yahweh still maintains this right of personal involvement in earthly interests.

In Isaiah 50:2, Yahweh states that He can stretch out His hand to save and deliver as well ... then in the same chapter and verse 11, He also states that He can stretch out His hand to administer judgment.

Make no mistake about this ... Yahweh can still move in our sphere of existence ... and does ... for His name's sake.

This is in The Name.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page