Monday, August 29, 2011

Daily Nugget


Monday, August 29th, 2011.



Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

“I wish I were honest enough to admit all my shortcomings:

• brilliant enough to accept flattery without it making me arrogant;

• tall enough to tower above deceit;

• strong enough to treasure love;

• brave enough to welcome criticism;

• compassionate enough to understand human frailties;

• wise enough to recognize my mistakes;

• humble enough to appreciate greatness;

• staunch enough to stand by my friends;

• human enough to be thoughtful of my neighbor;

• and righteous enough to be devoted to the love of God.”


(Gordon H. Taggart)
What a prayer, and how much better would the world we live in if each of us prayed this prayer daily? What difference would it make if the world’s leaders uttered this prayer today? What difference would it make if just the leaders of the United States prayed this prayer? What difference would it make if just the leaders of our states prayed this prayer? What difference would it make if just "I" prayed this prayer?

The writer of 2 Chronicles 7:14 gives us this advice:
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
Let it begin with me.

"God, I come seeking Your face for forgiveness and seeking healing in my life and in our land.
Amen."


Bro Bill

God hears our prayers

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page