Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Chaplains Corner



The Chaplains Corner

Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

Friday afternoon I did something I should do more often - I took a couple hours off from my usual routine and spent a little time out in the shed working on my motorcycle.

I had recently ordered a new 'thing-a-ma-jig' and wanted to install it. in order to do that I needed to remove a couple of bolts. The bolts were a little difficult to remove; they were tight and hard to turn as I backed them out. I installed the new piece and did a little more tinkering with the bike, and then it was time to put it back together, and of course take it for a ride.

Before I put the bolts back in, the ones that were so hard to get out, I decided to put a little oil on them. Boy what a difference. Those bolts screwed in so easy. A little oil made a big difference. My spirit was quickened and I started thinking about how oil in the Bible represents the Holy Spirit.

Many times in our lives everything seems so tight, nothing goes easy. We're like those dry bolts - we need a little oil; we need a little Holy Spirit greasing. The Holy Spirit will turn everything around if we give Him the opportunity. He turns our sorrow into joy (Isaiah 61:3) and just makes things work easier - it's part of His job.

Are things a little tight in your life? Maybe you need the lubrication of the Holy Spirit. When was the last time you invited Him to be in charge?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page