Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Chaplains Corner



The Chaplains Corner

Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

I have a question; what do the letters T.G.I.F. mean to you? Some of you might say: Thank God It's Friday. But I want to give you a new definition so you can tell others, T.G.I.F. every day of the week.

To me T.G.I.F. means: Today God Is First. I have started a new routine, every morning when my feet hit the floor I pause and say, T.G.I.F. (Today God Is First). That's my way of acknowledging the Lord, and reminding myself, that at least for today my intentions are to put Him first. His agenda comes before mine. His priorities are more urgent than mine. Loving people is important to me because it's important to Him.

When I stop at the convenience store on the corner for a coke I say to the clerk, "Well, T.G.I.F." Sometimes it just slips by - but sometimes, especially on Monday or Tuesday or . . . I'll get a funny look and they say, it's not Friday. Then I explain what T.G.I.F. means to me. And then I can ask, "Is God first in your life today?"

If you have been looking for a new way to witness - why don't you try using, "T.G.I.F." If you do let me know how it works out. I would love to hear how God uses you to touch others.

And while we're talking about it, let me ask YOU; is God first in your life today?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiger said...

TGIF. Outstanding!

12:08 PM  
Blogger XtnYoda said...

Away at camp this week...can't do PGR's!
:(

Got an idea bout your pow/mia time. Will share 1st chance we get.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page