Saturday, June 18, 2011

It is OK to grieve ...




Losing a loved one to death brings a myriad of emotions ... all complicated ... all different ... all difficult.



Susan shares today the reality that it is OK to feel the many emotions of grief ... and to lean on family and friends for support.


That it is ok to grieve. It is ok to cry. It is ok to hurt. It is ok to be by myself. It is ok to ask for help. I was caregiver for nine months, knew everything medically happening to my daugther, or at least tried to stay on top of it. When... she died I felt lost, I didn't know what I was supposed to do. Luckily (if not for a better word) I have two cousins and a good friend who had lost children and knew what we were going through. And very supportive family and friends all around us. Nobody has made us feel like we are strange for still being sad, we do try to move on to make Chrissy proud though.
Susan

Father, Yahweh, I pray today for for Susan, and all who have lost a child ... I pray for the courage to acknowledge the grief ... and the humility to accept the support of other loved ones.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page