Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Chaplains Corner


The Chaplains Corner

Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.


Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

I send out a lot of emails, most of them go through just fine. But every once in a while I get an error message: 'Your message was rejected . . . ' or 'Your message was blocked . . .'

That use to hurt my feelings a little; someone doesn't want to hear from me. But I've decided that if that's how they feel, it's their loss. I also know that sometimes there are technical glitches, and sometimes people just get to much email to read it all. But if you're like me you don't want to be excluded or feel like you're left out.

But every day we see the signs: EMPLOYEES ONLY, DO NOT ENTER, KEEP OUT, or NO TRESPASSING. None of us want to be told that we're not welcome. That's why I am so grateful that God never puts limitations on who can come to Him. Those who come to God WILL never see a "KEEP AWAY" sign.

Through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, God the Father allows us immediate and unlimited access to Him because of what Jesus did on the cross. (Eph. 2:18)

In the Gospel we hear Jesus say, "Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads." (Matt. 11:28) "I will never turn away anyone who comes to me." (John 6:37) and "Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink." (John 7:37)

Once you come to Christ for salvation, you have an open door and you can enjoy unrestricted fellowship with God.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page