Thursday, February 10, 2011

Daily Nugget




Thursday, February 10th, 2011.

Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.


“A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for.” (William Shedd)

During my life, I have accumulated several pieces of hunting and fishing equipment. Most of it has seen very little action in the past 10 to 20 years. Sometimes my brain reminds me of the stifled potential I have in my house, truck, and carport--of all the fish I might have caught had I gone fishing. We, too, must be careful to do that for which we were created, for what could or would happen if we "stuffed" our potential and neglected God's call to service. We must remember what we might "catch" if we "bait our hooks" and get going.

The writer of Isaiah 43:7 records these words of God:
“...everyone called by my name, whom I created for my glory. I have formed him; indeed, I have made him.”
May we glorify Him in all we do.

"God, glorify Your name through me.
Amen."


Bro. Bill

God is awesome. Look outside, and look in the mirror.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page