Saturday, January 15, 2011



The Chaplain's Corner




Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

One evening Blossom called me to eat supper. As I looked at the table there was; baked pork chops, scalloped potatoes, sweet peas, apple sauce, hot rolls and iced tea. I thought to myself, and then said to her, "You sure do go to a lot of trouble just to feed me."

And then I thought; it's not just my wife - God goes to a lot of trouble just to take care of me. I told Blossom that I realized I could get by with just a can of Pork & Beans but, because she loved me, she put in a lot of work to get me fed.

As we sat down at the table and prayed I told the Lord that I appreciated all the work and trouble He went to just to keep us feed, and clothed, healthy and . . . God has been so good. He has met, not just our needs, but most of our wants - at least the ones that He knows are good for us and that will be used to bring glory to Him. He could have just given me a can of beans, and that would have been fair. But He does so much more.

We have just finished a special season in which we remembered how blessed we are. Many of us paused to be grateful, at least for a few hours. But let's determine that in the New Year we will stop often and just look at all He does and remember to say 'Thank you Lord for all of your blessings on
us.'

Of course His greatest blessing is salvation thru the death and resurrection of His Son, the Lord Jesus.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish..." (1 Peter 1:3-4)

Praise God for Jesus! Do you know Him?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page