Friday, January 14, 2011



Friday, January 14th, 2011.


Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.


A poor man had his meager lunch stolen by one of his fellow workers. Hungry after the lunch hour, he sang and praised the Lord, and the workers made fun of him. They said, “My goodness, your very lunch has been stolen from you and you’re praising God. What for? You’re stupid!”

“Oh, no,” he said, “I’m not stupid. They may have stolen my lunch, but they couldn’t steal my appetite from me.”

Our acts or reactions to certain things we face in life depend on what or where our appetites happen to be. For example, if our desires are for things the world has to offer, we likely will be disappointed even if we do receive the world's benefits. Real satisfaction comes when, as the writer of Colossians 3:2 says, we
“Set our affections on things above, not on things on the earth.”
"God, You are truly all I need.
Amen."


Bro. Bill

Our God is an awesome God.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page