Tuesday, October 12, 2010




Tuesday, October 12th, 2010. Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.


"A good marriage is not one where perfection reigns: it is a relationship where a healthy perspective overlooks a multitude of “unresolvables.” (James C. Dobson)

Reta and I are celebrating our 37th anniversary today, October the 12th. We began with a goal in mind to celebrate our 50th together, and these other celebrations are just steps in the path toward that end.

For many years, we stayed together because of the children; we couldn’t agree on who had to take them (just kidding). Seriously, we have had an example before us as we have seen Reta’s folks celebrate approximately 30 years when death separated them in 1975, and my folks have now celebrated 58 years together. We will never be able to "catch up" to them, but we can follow the path they have made.


The writer of Proverbs 22:13 leaves us these words of wisdom:
“He who findeth a wife, findeth a good thing and obtaineth favor with the Lord.”
I know I married well and I know a good thing when I see it.

"God, thank You for Reta and the years You have given us together. Help me to be the husband Reta deserves.
Amen."


Bro. Bill

Our God is an awesome God.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page