Monday, August 02, 2010

Time And Again



Written as a response for one asking advise about a wayfaring spouse.



Just some agony for one caught up in the confusion of caring.

Time And Again

Time and again I've tried...
seriously... really tried.

And served my best.

And I have loved you.

And I have cared for you.

And I have borne the guilt.

And I have stood beside you...
on the high places...
and walked with you through the dark shadows.

Time and again.

When do I though...
stop...
for your own sake?

When do I cross that line
and move from patient endurance...
to assisting your long slide into...
oblivion?

Would you ask me to hold your hand
as you drink your bitter herb of death...
when I know there is so much more... life...
in you?

I could scream like a child
when the night bandits slip through the whispering dreams of their night.
Or I could bite my tongue...
stuff my dread...
pray for your change of heart...
like I have done...
time and again.

When do I love you enough...
to say... enough?

I've pondered this deep in my heart...
time and again.

One thing I do know.
I have... and do...
love you.

I guess it could be said by God as well.

Burdened for the burdened.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page