Sunday, August 01, 2010



Sunday, August 1st. Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

One time at the City Temple in London, there was in the congregation a restaurateur named Emil Mettler, who not only was a close friend of Albert Schweitzer but also was a kind of agent for Schweitzer in Britain. Mettler would never allow a Christian worker to pay for a meal in his restaurant, but once he did happen to open his cash register in the presence of a secretary of the London Missionary Society. The secretary was astonished to see among the bills and coins a six-inch nail. What was it doing there?

Mettler explained, “I keep this nail with my money to remind me of the price that Christ paid for my salvation and of what I owe Him in return.”

The price Christ paid for me was greater than I can ever repay. His only requirement is that we trust Him with the faith that He gives us. We must never forget these words of apostle Paul in Ephesians 2:8-9:
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

"God, all glory and praise to You, O God.
Amen."

Bro. Bill

God loves you!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page