Friday, July 30, 2010



Avery Willis is the author of the MasterLife discipleship series that has been used greatly by God for the training and edification of the Saints.

Brother Avery has gone on to be with the Lord and I received this e-mail written by his son, Randy, from our blogger friend David Orr Patterson.

I thought I would share it and it's message of hope and burden with you today.


My dad graduated to Glory early this morning, July 30. He died peacefully, without pain or anxiety. My mom, sisters and brother were with him.

I thank each of you that have visited, called, written and prayed over his past seven months. Your words of encouragement meant so much to him and to all of us.

What a privilege to hear of the lives he impacted during his 76 years. May that influence extend through the generations…

My dad’s life verse was Psalm 71:17-18,
“Since my youth, O God, you have taught me and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds. Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation and your might to all who are to come.”
And so he did.

This is the time to celebrate a life. Do we not know the God who spoke the world into existence? Do we not know the only God who provides true forgiveness of sin?
Do we not know the God of the ages, who knows the end from the beginning?

This is not a time to mourn as those who have no hope. If my dad were still here, he would say we should be mourning for those that have no hope – those that do not know the Creator of the universe, the Forgiver of sin, the Eternal God – for the billions of people in the world that do not know the power of the name of Jesus.

Thank you again for all your care and support.

To God be the glory!

Randy

A spiritual SALUTE to Brother Willis and his family.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page