Friday, July 30, 2010



The Chaplain's Corner




Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

I get a lot of catalogs in the mail; most of them specialize in emergency service equipment. A new one came today. One section that always catches my attention is the flashlights. I don't really need any more flashlights, but I like to look at all the new innovations.

One of the best known brands is 'Maglites', and I have several of those. Going out in the dark without a good flashlight is a big mistake. More than once my Maglite has saved me from being hurt by helping me stay on the right path, avoid stepping in a hole or tripping over something.

We live in a dark world - there are so many dangers all around us. So many holes we could fall in and so many things we could trip over. We need a light to show us where to walk and where to avoid walking.

God has not left us in the dark without a light. We have His Word, the Bible. But, like my Maglite, it does not help if I leave it at home on the shelf. I have to
have the flashlight in my hand, and I have to have God's word in my heart.

Psalm 119 verse 105 says,
"By your words I can see where I'm going; they
throw a beam of light on my dark path." (The Message)
Do you feel like you have been stumbling around in the dark? Are you carrying your flashlight? Do you have God's word in your heart? Are you letting His Word give direction and guidance to your life, or are you choosing to go your own way?

Choosing to go your own way sure does get you a lot of pain along the path; and if you continue that direction it can lead to death and eternal separation from one One who loved you so much that He gave His life to save you. Will you let Jesus Christ be the light for your life? Will you invite Him to come into your heart and forgive your sins and put you on the path that leads to heaven?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page