Friday, February 19, 2010



Friday, February 19th. Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

The Lord finds faith in a Roman soldier. He finds faith in heathen women. He finds lost womanhood in the Samaritan woman at the well. He seeks and finds generosity in that tight person called Zacchaeus. He seeks and finds courage in Peter, that coward who wouldn’t reveal even to a little maid who he was while Jesus was being tried. The Lord seeks and finds an apostle in a persecutor like Saul of Tarsus and makes him Paul.

Every day we work with and around people whose values may be hidden from us. I, for one, am glad for my parents and the teachers who invested in me and took the time to help refine and discover the value God knew was there all time. The writer of Psalms 139:14 tells us:
“I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”

"God, help me to see and develop the value You have placed in the people I meet today.
Amen."


Give God Praise.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page