Wednesday, February 17, 2010



Wednesday, February 17th. Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

When Sammy Morris, a Kru boy from Africa, came to America to be trained for Christian service, he presented himself for matriculation at Taylor University. He revealed a spirit all too rare among Christians. When the President of the University asked him what room he wanted, Sammy replied, “If there is a room nobody wants, give that to me.”

Of this incident the President later wrote,“I turned away, for my eyes were full of tears. I was asking myself whether I was willing to take what nobody else wanted. In my experience as a teacher, I have had occasion to assign rooms to more than a thousand students. Most of them were noble, Christian young ladies and gentlemen; but Sammy Morris was the only one of them who ever said, ‘If there is a room that nobody wants, give that to me.’”

Jesus reminds us in Matthew 20:26-28:
“Whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.”
May we adopt the same mindset?

"God, let me be willing to be less that others might see You.
Amen."


You are Awesome God.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page