Sunday, March 09, 2014

Daily Nugget

    Sunday, March 9th, 2014, Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

“Sometimes I go to God and say, "God, if Thou dost never answer another prayer while I live on this earth, I will still worship Thee as long as I live and in the ages to come for what Thou hast done already. God’s already put me so far in debt that if I were to live one million millenniums I couldn’t pay Him for what He’s done for me” (A.W. Tozier).

As I think about the debt each of us owes to God, I marvel at those who never find time or reason to draw near to Him to worship and praise Him. With that in mind, it becomes personal to me that I must be the one to worship Him even if no one else does. I feel the call to praise in Charles Wesley’s hymn with these words, “O for a thousand tongues to sing My great Redeemer’s praise, The glories of my God and King, The triumphs of His grace!”

The writer of the book of Revelation, chapter 5, verses 11 and 12, also expresses the magnitude of acceptable praise with these words:  “Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice, 'Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.'”
God, YOU alone are worthy of all glory and honor and praise. Only YOU can forgive us when anything on earth gets in the way of that worship. Let us, with thousands of voices in unison, give worthy worship and praise to YOU. Amen.

Bro. Bill

In GOD We Trust!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page