Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Daily Nugget

     Tuesday, October 8th, 2013.  Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

“Better a handful of dry dates and content therewith than to own the Gate of Peacocks and be kicked in the eye by a broody camel” (Arabian Proverb).

Now if that doesn’t put things into perspective, I don’t know what does. In fact, I can think of a lot of things more pleasant than being kicked in the eye by any kind of camel. Paul, the author of Philippians 4:11 encourages us to be content with these words: “Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.”

God, thank You for the many blessings You put before me. Help me to always recognize them. Amen.
Bro. Bill

In GOD we Trust!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page