Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Daily Nugget

   Tuesday, October 1st, 2013.  Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

A little girl had been told many times by a childless old couple that if she would come and live with them, they would get her everything she wanted—a pony and a cart, a piano, and the like. One day when the couple had been particularly urgent, her father said, “Don’t you think you had better go with them?”  The little girl looked at him in alarm and cried, “Why, Daddy, don’t you want me?”  “Yes,” he replied, “but I can’t give you very much, and they will give you everything nice.”  “But I wouldn’t have you!” she said as she snuggled up to him.

This story reminds me of the old song, “I’d Rather Have Jesus than Silver or Gold.”

The writer of Matthew 6:33 gives us these words of Jesus, “Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

God, thank You for wanting a daily walk with me.  Amen

Bro. Bill
In GOD we Trust!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page